NANDINI – MERGING POTENTIALS
With Literacy India thriving in a constant state of change and progress, its newest venture, Project Nandini, represents the fusion of multiple educational programs.
Nandini is a synthesized process designed to empower the community with a special focus on women and children. The project intends to motivate and empower the girl child as well as adolescents and young women with a planned set of skill-building training.
AREAS OF CONCERN
Young girls in the rural setting are always expected to maintain and live up to their family’s as well as the society’s expectations as wellLikewise, boys face these pressures and challenges from both parties albeit for different goalsBurdens and hardships of this kind on a child has many a time led to bouts of depression and/or substance abuse
PLAN OF ACTION
- Learning ICT (Information and Communications Technology) through CCA and CCC (Course on Computer Concepts)
- Implementing GDD (Gyantantra Digital Dost) – the multimedia holistic package that boosts learning through technology
- Vocational training courses that include:
- Stitching, tailoring and sewing
- Beautician and spa courses
- Hospitality and/or driving