A healthy state of body and mind is everything one ever needs. Literacy India’s Aarogyam program is aimed at increasing its outreach to villages in India.
Before 2006, right healthcare, especially for women and girls, was lacking in the village of Bajghera. That very year, Literacy India had setup its healthcare centre here.
- Place for healing, as well as a safe place for counselling
- Advocates preventive healthcare rather than curative healthcare
- Organize regular health camps in the village
- More focus on elderly healthcare
THE ROAD SO FAR
- Assisted cataract surgeries for the aged
- Free eye tests; spectacles were sold for Rs.10
- Regular health check-ups for children/students at Bajghera
- Program extended to surrounding villages with weekly visits from the doctor
- Intervention methods that helped reduce Anaemia occurrence to a larger extent
- Several health camps conducted